RECOMMENDATION OF USE:
1. Please take care of cane from falling onto a hard surface such as concrete or asphalt, or ceramic tile. It tends to fall if you left a cane to lean on the wall and can get a crack or delicate details or fracture. So we recommend to use a hand strap.
2. Before use, make sure the screw connection is tightly screwed. Otherwise, you may get unstable support or damage the cane. This connection is designed for convenient shipment or transportation of a walking stick when traveling in luggage is not often only. But this is not intended for every day assembly / disassembly. The meteoric thread can become weak after a frequent cycle of twisting and untwisting.
3. Please check that you are leaning on the cane correctly. The main force should be directed as close as possible to the shaft but not the rear end of the handle. Incorrectly positioning can cause shaft bend and discomfort and even breakage of the shaft.
4. Use the right tip. Each GC-Artis cane has a standard, NOT medical, summer rubber tip in a set. If you need a winter tip or a medical one (made of softer material provides enhanced cushioning) you should buy it additionally at medical store. Also use soap or candle wax to put a rubber tip on easily.
Storage and care recommendations:
1. We do not recommend to storing the cane near a heating appliances and in the hot sun. The wooden parts can become more brittle with excessive drying, and this can lead to a crack at high load.
2. Each walking cane made by GC-Artis has a professional varnish coating which protects against common atmospheric phenomena like light rain or any short-term wetting with non-aggressive liquids. But increased moisture for a long time or immersion in water can lead to deformation of the wooden parts. Contact with aggressive chemical liquids and solutions can destroy the varnish coating.
3. We recommend to use warm water with a soap solution or any certified cleaning agent for wooden goods and furniture to clean your cane. It's safe. After cleaning, wipe with a dry cloth. Also we recommended once a year to polish the surface of the cane in order to restore the gloss of lacquer coating and to remove plaque oxidation from metal parts and minor scratches. Use professional products for polish.